Monday, December 13, 2004

 

Censorship - Good or Bad?

I used to smoke. I used to get a lot of grief for smoking. So it will please all of my family and friends to know that I have kicked that nasty little habit. I have been smoke-free for 9 weeks and a few days! Back in those days, though, when someone or something in my life would crawl up under my skin and make me want to scream, I'd burn one to calm myself down. I've been doing some test-runs on new activities for said situations, and over this past weekend, I found that blogging can be very cathartic (and much less cancer inducing than my previous therapy).

There was another posting on this blog until I deleted it this morning. I had written it very late Saturday evening. Let's just say it had been a long 24 hours of dealing with idiotic, inconsiderate people. So I started blasting! It felt so good to put my feelings into words, knowing that someone out there would read about them and say "Right on, girl!". Reading that posting yesterday, though, made me realize that there is a line you cannot cross when it comes to blogging. It'd be nice to think that we can say whatever we want in our modern aged diaries. But there are people out there who may read too much into what I say. And I think that when I end a posting with profanity and the threat of serious bodily harm (though I'm sure he deserves it), I've probably crossed the line.

So I'm censoring myself, for the sake of all mankind. I would hate for you to read anything on this site and find out that I want to inflict severe bodily harm on you. I prefer a much more subtle approach. So I guess my line is somewhere in the vicinity of breaking the law. That's a good one not to cross, I hear.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?