Friday, March 11, 2005

 

First Year Is Paper

On March 11, 2004, on or around 1200, my life, as I knew it, changed. Today is the one year anniversary of that date. And it's been a hell of a year. I had one seizure, then 4 more over a course of 10 months. My job in the Navy is over - you can't very well have seizures on a ship out to sea. I can't drive now, so I found a job in Washington DC. I move up there in a few weeks. My little brother is moving up from Texas to be my roommate. We're both taking a huge leap of faith on this new life in a new city. I'm just ready to move on now. I wish that I had timed this so that my date of separation from the Navy would be today. That way I'd get an appropriate 1-year-anniversary gift - a piece of paper that will let me get on with my life.

Comments:
But the point is that you ARE getting on with it! I am so proud of you! I would have cracked under all of that, but you just kept on ticking. Way to go girl! Your new life is waiting for you, and it's going to be so exciting! God has lots in store for you, so keep your chin up kiddo!
 
Hey, what's the musical reference on your first page? I have no idea....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?