Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Finger Diarrhea

Verbal diarrhea.... Never heard of it? That's when you start talking, and then babbling, and then before you know it, the babbling has taken on a life of it's own and has turned into an unintelligible form of communication referred to as verbal diarrhea. Today, I discovered finger diarrhea. Essentially, it's the same thing, only expressed through typing instead of talking (duh). True, when typing you could go back and delete the babbling-turned-secret-language so that you once again appear to be an intelligent human being, full of complete thoughts and ideas, but come on.... Where's the fun in that?! Especially when you're emailing friends who are just as bored at work as you are.... You must provide as much entertainment to them in reading what you wrote as you got from writing it. It's the decent thing to do. If you don't believe me, think of what you just read.... The entire paragraph.... Was there anything meaningful in it? How many four-period-thingies did I put in there? Yet you're still reading. :) Entertaining, isn't it.

So why am I bestowing this upon you now? Well, it's 4:40pm on a Wednesday afternoon, and although this still technically falls into the work day, I really should be on the Metro right now, en route to Happy Hour. However, my company's CEO and two other gentlemen are in town from San Diego and are in the conference room having a quasi-meeting. So I'm stuck out here, manning the phones or whatever, until they come up for air and I can say "Peace Out!". I ran out of things to do (productive or not) ages ago, thus the finger diarrhea you are now reading. It is now approaching 4:45pm. I am going to start gathering my things together, which will kill all of about 1.5 minutes (I pack light for work), do the pre-Metro-ride pit stop for another 2.5 minutes (I wash my hands), straighten my desk, adding 30 seconds.... That gets me to about 4:50. I'll linger a bit, make eye contact with someone.... Oh, wait, they're stacking up papers. Stop talking! Stop talking! Stop talking! It's dollar draft night! God, keep me strong!

Comments:
I MISS YOU!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?