Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Foot In It

Once again, my sarcastic, smart-ass nature got the better of me this week, and I put my foot in it. Luckily, it wasn't too bad. I came in to work Tuesday morning and thought that the one demeaning job I have to do in this hell-hole of a job I currently have had been circumvented by a man who I assumed had decided that I was nothing more than a secretary getting paid way too much money. I sent a nasty email to both him and the travel agent he decided to speak directly to (instead of using me like he's supposed to). It was a nasty email. Not very professional. I didn't swear or anything, but I used ALL CAPS at least once and broke things down kindergarten-style for them on a couple of occasions. Turns out all that had happened was that the "pompous employee" had only called the agent b/c it was Friday afternoon before a 3-day weekend and he was (unnecessarily) anxious about whether or not a ticket had been purchased and I had already left the office for the day (after 4:30 on a holiday.... yep.... I'd left), and while he had him on the phone, had asked him to check on something he had been unsuccessful in obtaining for himself. They had just both failed to email me and tell me that this phone call had happened b/c it had happened late Friday afternoon. Classic miscommunication. Then classic Molly flying off into the deep end. Followed by two deeply apologetic emails from me for my first hateful email.

Love my sarcasm when it comes to my sense of humor. Hate my sarcasm when it comes to my anger. You should have read the first draft of that email, though. Wow, was it a doozy! Sailors would have blushed! I need a new job!

Comments:
I feel your pain... You know Ive been there, done that. Glad it all got squared away though.
 
Great job, babe. Nice one. Hopefully you won't be asking this guy for a recommendation! And they say women are over-emotional! ;) Just kidding, don't get your panties in a wad!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?