Monday, October 10, 2005

 

bleeding orange

I'm not from Venus (as the book might suggest) nor any other planet in the universe. And while I am a medical freak of nature, this is not another malady (but it might be contagious, so watch out!). I went to the University of Texas at Austin. We all bleed orange there. And ever since Saturday, my blood has been pumping so strong that I think I'm probably glowing like a bright orange neon sign! For the first time since 1999 the mighty Texas Longhorns beat the sucky Oklahoma Sooners in this year's Red River Shootout! We didn't just beat them, we destroyed them. 45-12! It was a beautiful game! I was surrounded by fellow Texans, all sporting burnt-orange attire, yelling "Texas Fight" and "OU Sucks" at random times in the game. We drank Texas beer. We sang our fight song every time we scored on the lousy Okies.

They've rubbed our famous Texas pride in our faces for the last five years. This year, we threw it back at them, play after play after play. We started this year ranked #2 in the AP poll. Oklahoma was #7. Now, in week seven, Texas is still ranked #2. Oklahoma is nowhere on the map. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Bob Stoops!

Hook 'Em Horns! See you at the Rose Bowl!

Comments:
If OU sucks then what does that say about a team they beat for 5 straight years?
 
Bubba always says something ridiculous like that. It's irritating....
 
Yet another thing I did not get to watch thanks to the lovely ship... but I saw the score on the internet, woo hoo :) And Bubba, the important thing is not how many years OU may have won in the past, but that this year they lost :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?