Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

distraught

My computer at work doesn't have a DVD reader. I know! I can't believe it, either. How am I supposed to watch movies? I ask you - why would anyone make a computer without a CD and a DVD reader these days? How many of you have read The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis? If you haven't, you must! They're getting a lot of new hype right now because the first book - The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - is going to be on the silver screen come December 9th. I am thoroughly looking forward to that day and will be in the theatre with the kiddies, chomping on popcorn and slurping on my diet coke as the four children battle the evil White Witch with Aslan at their side.

But last night, I finally gave into temptation and purchased my first Christmas present to myself - the BBC production of the first three books in the Chronicles series on DVD. These movies are very near and dear to my heart. When I was a child, Mama used to take my brother, sister, and me to our local library, and we'd get to peruse the video selection they had there and check out a few. The Narnia movies were some of our favorites. I can't tell you how many times we checked them out, but I bet we could quote the lines back then. As soon as the BBC put them out on DVD several months ago, I swore to myself I was going to just ask for them for Christmas and wait until then, but I just couldn't wait any longer (what am I, eight?!), so I bought them. And I brought the first one into work today to watch at my desk, seeing as how I have nothing better to do (really - I have no work to do today). Much to my chagrin, my stupid computer has no DVD reader on it - only CDs will play! I can burn all the CDs in the world that I want, but I can't watch a flippin' DVD! Who in the world came up with this brilliant idea?!

So now it's 11:35am and my plan of action for filling the afternoon hours with my 3 hour movie is shot to pieces. So I've been tasked with planning the tailgating portion of an upcoming football game that an army of my friends and I are going to. Burgers and Brats and Beer, Oh My!

Comments:
I believe it- mine doesnt have one either...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?