Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

love is only love

"You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie."
- Sleepless in Seattle

My sister and I love to quote movies to each other, but they're not your run-of-the-mill quotes. She and I can have conversations littered with these obscure quotes and know exactly what we are saying to each other without ever having to name our sources. No one else on the planet gets us. We're weird like that, and we like it!

The quote I opened this up with is one of our favorites. We are both hopeless romantics. Always have been. I think I maybe be more so than she is. I love starlit nights, romantic dinners, etc, etc, etc. But the quote is more than just that - it is profound in it's own way - even if it came from the lips of Rosie O'Donnell. I think that we all - women and men - have a dream of what we want, and we get so swept up in that dream that sometimes we miss the neon signs telling us that it's not right. Life is not a movie. Life is life. It comes with good and bad. Sometimes, when the bad outweighs the good, it means that it's time to move on.

If he's not calling you....
If she's making excuses not to see you....
If he "has an early meeting"....
If she's still dealing with her last relationship....
If his "sister" is visiting, but the couch doesn't look slept on....
If her issues with how fast you started the relationship come up a month later....
I could go on and on and on, and I'm sure you could add more, but the truth is....

He/She's just not that into you.

"You're right. You're right. I know you're right."
-When Harry Met Sally

Comments:
I was going to comment with your last quote, but you stole it! Shame on you! Why do lots of our quotes come from Meg Ryan movies?
 
Not sure. But they're older Meg Ryan movies. She was much better when she was with Dennis Quaid.
 
Hahaha my roommate and I just had the Meg Ryan/Dennis Quaid conversation the other day :)

As for the real meaning of this blog, sometimes the truth hurts, but it is what it is and theres not a whole lot any of us can do about it...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?