Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

no rest for the weary, wicked, or woebegone

My how time flies when you live in la-la-land. Much to my amazement, that's where I've apparently been dwelling for God only knows how long.... oh, years now, probably - no one answer that! True, I do have a weird "Never-Never-Land" sense about my personality that can be endearing at times and downright frustrating at others. But on the other hand, I can be fairly organized and refined. I am the product of the cross-pollination of genes from a somewhat anal/retentive mother and a mostly obsessive/compulsive father. What do you get when that happens? A walking, talking, contradiction in terms. Voila! I am my own worst nightmare! Or my own best friend?

So I thought I had another week. Rebecca is coming into town this weekend. This I knew, because we've talked several times over the last few days. She gets here Friday. And I've been emailing with my girlfriends here about Halloween costumes, going shopping for the last few little extras we need, etc. A few emails have gone out about the party location, trying to nail it down. Then an email pops into my inbox today about road closures for the Marine Corps Marathon this weekend (huh?) that will affect my work building. The MC Marathon is next weekend. I have.... another.... week........ oh............ shit................ THAT'S THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! This weekend is Halloween! The MC Marathon is this weekend! It's like seven whole days have fallen into the Bermuda Triangle that is my mind. My old roommate and good friend, Bettina, is coming into town this weekend to run the marathon. She gets here on Friday, too.... or is it Thursday? I can't remember now! Today is the 25th! It's Papa's birthday! Must ring him now before I forget the date again. Argh!

My brain has gone to mush! Instead of having another week to get all of this stuff squared away, I now have a mere three days - THREE DAYS - to get my shit in one sock, as my dad used to say. No wonder everyone has been emailing about costumes and the party. THREE DAYS! ARGH! NEED VODKA! NO.... must not resort to alcohol in time of despair. That's the old Molly. What does the new Molly do - pray. That's right - I PRAY!

Dear God, give me the strength to pull my head out of my ass long enough to clean my apartment, shop for groceries, prepare a costume, and come up with a brilliant plan to entertain two out-of-town guests on two different schedules. Amen.

P.S. Please let the Astros win tonight. Thanks!

Comments:
That's great...I know the feeling...where somehow you blink and instead of it being Tuesday, it's Friday (which in most cases isn't necessarily a bad thing). If you need any help with anything, let me know
 
I would like to echo the PS.

If you need me to bring anything or get groceries or help you clean... well, just let me know. See ya Friday :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?